Sunday, January 24, 2010

My first exposure since quitting...

Day 4, I mislabeled my last entry, today is actually day 4 being smoke-free.
Well, I am still craving cigarettes, and I am told that will never go away.  I wasn't tempted to the point of smoking, but the urge is still there.  What do I expect, though?  It's day 4.  I just hope the urges get weaker as time goes on.
I was around my first smoker today.  The in-laws came over and my father in law smokes like a chimney.  Before, I was all too happy to join him, but now I had to keep my distance.  We went to a store, all together in the same car.  And I could tell he made an effort not to smoke on the way there.  I didn't say anything, because he is one of these guys that would deny not smoking for someone else, and then light up.  So, I counted my blessings and kept quiet.
All in all, a pretty non-eventful day.  But, I am bored out of my mind!  I'm in between classes at school.  Glad they'll be starting up agian soon.  In the past I have used crocheting as a way to keep my hands busy when trying to quit smoking.  I think I am resisting getting back into it, on an obsession-like level as my sole distractor from smoking, because it did not work before.  And I feel that if I "go there", history is doomed to repeat itself in the form of failure to quit.  What's the definition of insanity?  Doing something the same way and expecting a different result.  So, I don't want to do that.  I am having a hard time finding stuff to do.  This makes me realize how much of my time was wasted smoking.  Just smoking.  Just puff-puff-puffing away.  Really, what a waste.  But now, I need stuff to do.
I've been trying the routine of cooking more, which until recently, I did not do at all.  And while, that is fun, being in the kitchen all day is getting monotanus, too.  Cleaning?  I have to do that whether I choose to smoke or not.  I need a new hobby, something different.  Hey, a job would be nice!  Believe me, I have been trying for a long time with no luck.
OMG, that's so funny, I just paused and looked down at the desk for "my cigarettes" (that no longer exist).  Haha, it'll take a while to break that habbit, too I guess.  It's just so automatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment